IT is an ever changing field because technology is evolving at such a rapid pace what we did 10 years ago is very different to what you do today.
It’s that field that you can never become complacent or claim to be bored.
What you learn and how you grow is all in your hands!
Knowledge Sharing For IT Graduates
- Learn something new everyday, weather it’s ready up on something or shadowing someone.
- Be willing to be apart of projects and learn.
- Remove the mindset that I do not have experience, for if you think this way you will never gain experience.
- Don’t be afraid to take on tasks within projects.
- The only way you learn is when you put yourself in the middle of it all.
- Ask for help and be persistent and consistent.
- Share your ideas and participate in discussions.
- Hard work and dedication in all you do.
- The only way to learn new technologies is to use it.
- Before you choose the path of IT you want to be on, learn all the paths you can, for in doing so you broaden your knowledge and understanding of all the role players within IT before you choose the path that is best for you.
- Volunteer, raise your hand, don’t be afraid of responsibility.
- Don’t wait for opportunities, else you will be left behind.
- Create your own opportunities.
- Do some online courses, just to gain extra knowledge.
- And last but most importantly don’t take things personally.