Sometimes we need to talk less. Yes!! You heard right, we need to listen more not just hear what someone is saying but actually listen to what they saying.
This is one thing many of us need to learn. We listen, just to respond back, we don’t actually listen to what that other person is saying. I think if we all spend more time listening and doing this world would be a much better place.
Everyone is more interested in talking , talking about what they doing what they want to do, what they going to do. No one is really listening, to each other or to nature.
Ever just spent a day not talking at all, and just listened. You will be pleasantly surprised at what you hear and what you can do, when you do this.
You can accomplish so much more. Listening helps you make sense of what you want to do and have to do and need to do. Listening opens up your mind to possibilities and ideas you never really thought of initially. It’ makes you see people differently and affects how you do the things you do.
So why not try this.
- Take one day and just don’t talk. Just listen.
- Call it your self retreat day a day of no talking.
- Listen to your loved ones, your friends, your co-workers. Just listen.
- Take it all in. Let it settle.
- Based on what you have listened go and do what you need to do for the day.
Let me know how you feel or if it made some difference to your normal day?